Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) North York, Toronto
Toronto Chiropractor | Chiropractic Services | Chiropractic Care and Treatment
What is Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)?
IASTM is an advanced form of soft tissue mobilization, which enables clinicians to efficiently locate and treat individuals diagnosed with soft tissue dysfunction. IAASTM uses specially designed instruments intended to locate and manipulate soft tissue.
How is Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) done?
These instruments provide clinicians with a mechanical advantage, thus preventing overuse to the hands. The success of this advanced treatment protocol was more than they had imagined, and the instruments earned several U.S. patents. Today, there are several versions of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization being utilized, all fashioned from the original version of these instruments. IASTM instruments make it easier to detect and treat fascial dysfunction. They magnify the abnormalities (scars, restrictions and adhesions) in the fascia and make it easier to locate the area to treat. Using a tool focuses the force through an area smaller than your finger with less friction. This allows a more efficient treatment. The goal is to trigger an inflammatory healing response. This will stimulate the production of new collagen and proper, more functional, less painful healing.
Benifits of IASTM
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Allows faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Clients can continue to engage in everyday activities
- Common Issues Treated with IASTM
Common Issues Treated with IASTM
- Cervical sprain/strain (neck pain)
- Lumbar sprain/strain (back pain)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (foot pain)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis (shoulder pain)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (knee pain)
- Achilles Tendinitis (ankle pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Trigger Finger
- Shin Splints
Services offered by Toronto Chiropractor:
Spinal Decompression | Muscle Release Techniques | Contemporary Medical Acupuncture | Cold Laser Therapy | IASTM | Motor Vehicle Accident / WSIB | Custom Orthotics | Shockwave Therapy | In home personal training and nutritional consultation | Gentle Specific Chiropractic Adjustments | Strength and Conditioning | Custom Braces Toronto | Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Program | Registered Massage Therapy | Physiotherapy Treatment
Speak to Toronto Chiropractor to book an IASTM Session